I. Love. Football! I love the sport, but I also love tailgating! Being from Mississippi, I have to admit that I am a bit of a tailgating snob, but I have also tailgated out of the back of an SUV (for a DC United game), so I can attest that no matter how you slice it, tailgating is a whole lot of fun. I will talk about tailgating food later this season, but in this post I wanted to give some ideas for making your tent/tailgate a place where you are proud to welcome friends and family, while keeping things simple. I want to keep the focus on having fun rather than worrying about having the finest and fanciest decorations.
1. I am a big fan of Tervis Tumblers and you can get them plain, personalized with your school, or your initials. They are super sturdy and keep your drinks hot and cold for hours!
2. For tailgating, it’s all about keeping things simple, but simple doesn’t have to mean boring. Kate Spade has tons of cute paper napkins like these! You could find them in your school colors or a fun pattern.
3. Some people like to grill while they tailgate, so why not get a fun (or manly) apron for the grill master! I have some friends who even had coordinated aprons that say “Hotty” and “Toddy”. 🙂
4. Flowers can really perk up a tailgating tent, but again, keep it simple! Fun jars with simple flowers are great. Sometimes for the flowers, my mom would pick up potted mums! They come in lots of colors and can handle the football season weather.
5. Glasses that you aren’t worried about breaking. Solo cups might be more your style, but if you want to upgrade, GoVinos are a great option! They come lots of shapes and styles and are super reasonably priced.
6. Wooden serving pieces are a great looking way to serve food and, unlike pottery or ceramic pieces, you won’t have to worry about them being broken or chipped.
7. Don’t forget to hydrate- especially for these early season games while it’s still hot (is that only in the South?)! These S’well bottles are super popular right now and they are so cute! Most stadiums won’t let you bring any type of bottle inside, but reusable bottles are a great way to stay cool and cut back on post-game clean up!
Happy football season, y’all! Hope your favorite team wins today. I will be cheering on my Dawgs!
Thanks for reading!